With the announcement of LIC AAO Exam 2019, the very common query which every candidate has is to understand the complete syllabus and choose the right set of books for the effective preparation of LIC AAO Exam 2019.
LIC AAO PRELIMS & MAINS EXAM PATTERN
LIC AAO 2019: PRELIMS EXAM SYLLABUS
LIC AAO 2019 Prelims section consist of only 3 subjects whereas LIC AAO mains exam has 4 subjects along with a descriptive exam. Below is a glance of LIC AAO 2019 Prelims Syllabus:
Best Books for LIC AAO 2019 Prelims Exam Preparation
1. BOOKS FOR LIC AAO 2019: QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE/DATA INTERPRETATION & ANALYSIS
- Fast track Mathematics by Rajesh Verma: Comprehensively covering the syllabus of almost all competitive examinations like, RBI, SBI, IBPS PO, SSC, LIC AAO, CDS, UPSC, Management and all other Entrance Recruitment and Aptitude Test, the books have perfect compilation of Basic Concepts and Short Tricks to solve different types of Arithmetical problems.
- Magical book on Quicker Mathematics by M. Tyra: Magical Book On Quicker Maths is a preparatory book on mathematics for various competitive examinations, like, SSC, UPSC, CPO, LIC AAO, GIC and UTI among others. The aim of this book is not only to acquaint the students with various types of problems given in these examinations and how to solve them, but also to teach the students effective ways to tackle each of the problems faster and more effectively.
- Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma: Data Interpretation by renowned author Arun Sharma who is an acknowledged CAT trainer. It is essential for aspirants to develop skills in DI to the level where they can comfortably attempt questions based on this topic. It gives clear guidance on how to attempt the various types of questions in less time and with more efficiency.
2. BOOKS FOR LIC AAO 2019: REASONING ABILITY
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal by BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwali: ‘A New Approach To Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning‘ has been divided into three comprehensive segments – Verbal Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning and Non-Verbal Reasoning. Each segment consists of chapters and sets of question papers, covering all different patterns of questions. The Verbal Reasoning segment covers generic quizzical questions related to analogy, coding, puzzles, clocks and calendars, finding the patterns of series, clerical assessment level questions, etc. The Analytical Reasoning segment explores more real-time problems like syllogism, cause and effect of particular actions, differentiating between statements and arguments and processing them differently, arriving at correct assumptions, etc. The Non-Verbal segment deals with questions which need to be mentally imagined like analogy and classification of substances, figuring out patterns to complete figures, imagining the mirror and water image of a particular image, etc. Thousands of model questions and previous year’s questions from examinations of MAT, LIC AAO, Bank PO entrance exam, SSC, RRB, RIB, etc. along with detailed solutions have been provided. The numerous questions provided will let the aspirants get an idea of the type and level of questions asked in the examinations commonly. Thus, practising questions in this book will help the students to gain confidence regarding the reasoning questions asked in the competitive tests.
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal: A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning, while retaining the key strengths and structure of the previous edition, brings to the readers additional questions from various competitive examinations as per the latest pattern and trends. A section on recent questions (based on memory) and their answers/solutions from different competitive examinations like LIC AAO, SSC, SBI-CGL Tier I, AFCAT, SBI (PO), RBI Grade B, etc. have been added.
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey: ‘Analytical Reasoning’ is an effective study material to work on one’s logical and Reasoning skills. Authored by M.K. Pandey, the book is specially published keeping in mind the formats and requirements of various competitive exams. It focuses on establishing the basics around the topic of logic and reasoning. The author uses clear and logical language using comprehensive descriptions of topics like Data Sufficiency, Strengthening and Weakening Arguments, Coded Relationships, Analytical Decision-Making and Evaluating Inferences and explains effectively, allowing the students to grasp the key concepts.
3. BOOKS FOR LIC AAO 2019: ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin: Wren and Martin’s High School English Grammar & Composition is one of the most popular and widely used reference books on English Grammar. It not only helps the students to use the language but also gives detailed information about the language. High School English Grammar & Composition provides ample guidance and practice in sentence building, correct usage, comprehension, composition and other allied areas so as to equip the learners with the ability to communicate effectively in English. The regular edition is now available in a larger format making it more user-friendly and attractive. The multicolour edition is now available in a larger format, with vibrant and child-friendly illustrations. The Self-practice book has been specially designed to cater to the demands of the users. Writing space has been provided to work out the answers in an organized manner. The Self-practice book may be used with both the multicolour and regular editions. The key has been designed to provide users with a reliable and practical tool in the form of correct answers to the exercises in the book.
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis: A core book about English language and correct word usage; those who are preparing to sit for Bank PO, SSC CHSL & CGL, RRB, LIC AAO, CAT, GMAT, GRE, TOEFL and other such examinations would definitely stand to greatly benefit from this book. Anybody who wants to improve one’s vocabulary will also find it very useful. Authored by Norman Lewis, the grammarian from New York who has several other English language books to his credit, ‘Word Power Made Easy’ has been published by Goyal Publishers and became popular soon after the first edition was released in the year 2009. The book is broadly divided into three sections. By way of simple techniques, the author has presented easy tips for improving one’s vocabulary and word skills. After having created awareness about the new words and their meaning, he then goes onto explain how to make their correct usage.
“The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.”